icon

99 gmc engine noise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikejc 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

i just installed an alpine 4 channel amp into my truck everything good till i started it engine noise bad it gets louder when i rev it .  so i checked the ground it was fine but just to rule it out i ran a new one to the frame i ground it with a grinder 4 gage wire for power and ground i even used line out converts and went to rca jacks but nothing seams to work  the noise does not go away.does anyone have an answer??? 

boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
You could try running your ground straight to the battery. Its also a good idea if you run the power wires down one side of the vehicle and the signal wires down the other. You could also try a filter on the power line.  You also may wanna search here for posts with engine noise. I imagine you will get some suggestions.
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Also try running a grounding strap on your negative post on the battery to a chassis ground. This may help, the newer GM's have poor grounding.
funnycar 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
My `99 Silverado had the same problem; I did 3 things and got rid of the whine.
1. Ran an extra ground wire from the back of the HU in addition to the HU harness ground wire.
2. Changed to higher quality RCA`s.
3. Added 2 extra 4 guage ground wires from the battery post-one to the alternator bracket, the other to the body bracing by the radiator.(+ feed line is 2 guage)
All these ideas came from this forum and they work great.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic