icon

Anyone use jvc or panasonic headunit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davids2004 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

If so which model and how do you like or dislike it. 

Thanks

tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
I put a Panasonic CQ-DFX403U in my wifes truck and its actually a pretty nice radio for the money. It originaly was on my setup but it seemed to like sound quality to me, had more midrange than highs. But when put in her truck with it powering the speakers and running a single sub using the non-fading preout it sounds remarkably good so. Other than that i have no gripes about it. Never experienced a JVC unit so no idea on them.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

Jvc Gs300. Love it for the price it is great. Have had JVC's installed in all my cars. Best sound for the buck

I guess that guy has subs.
djMINIoompa 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
I used to run JVC head units because they were cheap. They were nice for what i wanted, the basic radio and cd function. But when i added my first system, i found it lacked some features i wanted. Overall, i found the JVC HU line to be a very good vaule for how much you pay. My friend had on panosonic and it wasnt good. I dont have anyother experience with them, so my opinion on them may be tainted by the one bad experience i had.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
Bad experience w/ reliability w/ panasonic.  Had to send a couple decks back probably 6 years ago.  They might have improved since then or it might have been simple bad luck. 
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
davids2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  
Ive been looking at the jvc head units and they seem to have a lot of features with hi output voltage.
2old4gamez 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
i have the panasonic cq-1003...i don't think thats the exact model number but its something similar to that.  its a ghost-face touch screen, i love it and so do my people.  i find it funny when people first see it and they ask "where the knobs & buttons at?"  it gives out 5 volts on the pre-outs and has an amazing anti-skip function.  i have some scratched up cds that only play in my car and nowhere else.
davids2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged  

Well I really want MP3 capability.

ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
I have a JVC hu that plays MP3 CDs. It's very nice and it has a good SQ. I'm not too impressed with the built in EQ (all it has is trebel and bass ... it'd like it more if it had nids too). Just make sure you get enough pre amp outs for all the amps you want to install. Mine has 2 out. So that was good because theose run to my 4ch amp and then from that amp to my 2ch 
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
o0o ... its the KD-SX990 .... got it for about $200 at circuit city last christmas before i knew anything about car audio
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic