icon

2 decks 1 car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rk.mendoza 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
hey there guys I would like to know how can I run 2 decks at the same time in one car. One is an alpine newer model deck and teh other is an alpine DVD player without the screen. I will be hooking it up to a alpine fold down screen. But I want to know how I can watch a movie and also hear music at the same time. I have a system installed with 2 amps one for my door speakers and one for my sub already so I need help. Thank you
Ronnie Mendoza
toyota_gs400 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  

Most likely, it's possible.  You'll have to look at the manual of the DVD player and screen.  Usually the audio and video are seperate source, so by changing your source on the unit, you can watch the movie and listen to the radio.  I know in my Kenwood I can do that.  It's going to depend on how old your audio head unit is.  Hope that helps.

rk.mendoza 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I know this but how can I hook this up so it will work. Just use teh same power ground and remote all teh same but what about hooking up the speakers can I connect them all to the same leads or will this make it a 8 ohm load on teh speakers this is what I do not understand...
Ronnie E Mendoza
You can do anything you put your mind to.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

I know there is a dual reciever switcher on crutchfield but I'm not sure where. You might want to give them a call. You can set it up like this:

9EC_audio_video_switcher.gif (make sure to enlarge it to its biggest size in your web browser).

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Does your Alpine CD deck have an auxiliary input?  If so, leave your sound system connected to this deck and connect the audio out from your DVD to the Aux In of the CD player.  This way, you can have them both on, but you will only hear the audio from the DVD if the Aux input is activated on the CD deck, otherwise you will hear whatever is playing through the CD deck..  No switcher needed.  Make sense?
Support the12volt.com
rk.mendoza 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you support but I also wanted to know can I watch a movie with no sound and then just listen to the radio on this???
Thank you
Ronnie E Mendoza
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
yes. Just use the auxillary input on your cd player for the dvd sound, then if video is going to the monitor, you can turn the cd player from auxillary to the radio and your dvd player would still be sending your screen a video signal.
rk.mendoza 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you Guys Always get the answer you need with the 12 volt...
Ronnie E Mendoza
icu400 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2004 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
If one wanted to wire a second hu (not a dvd player) could you just wire the pre-amp out from one deck to the aux of another and then if you wanted to use the secondary, just switch to aux and use the other one?
One would need seperate power/ground of course, but the sub amp turn on leads and sub outs would still all be connected to the main hu.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic