icon

shock sensor works after turbo timer stop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
noeljimmy 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

i hv installed a turbo timer in my car,my car alarm is operate with a shock sensor when its armed.

when i switch off the engine,the key is taken out,the turbo timer will sustain the power of engine running for 1 minute,n the shock sensor will get vibration from the engine vibration when the moment of engine stopping,n the the alarm will siren........

any solution for the shock sensor works after the turbo timer (or engine) stop?

wanted 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2004 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Noeljimmy

Had similar problem with my alarm and turbo timer setup. I managed to get the manufacture to write new software for my alarm moule to activate the sensors once the turbo timer has shut off. There is a work around if you don't have access to s/w upgrade or if it is not an option for you. What Alarm module are you using???

Basically you need to stop power going to the shock sensor while the turbo timer is running. You can do ths by using a relay. Changeover relay.

Pin 86 - Positive ignition feed from turbo timer

Pin 85 - Ground

(Pin 86 - 85 is the coil on the relay)

Pin 30 - Power Lead to shock sensor  (make sure you no longer allow the alarm module to give power to the sensor)

Pin 87a - +12 volt power

What is happening with the relay, while the coil is energized there is no power going to pin 87a (Shock sensor not activiated). Once the relay is no longer energized (ie - turbo timer finishes counting down) the relay will close the circuit between Pin 30 & 87a to supply power to your shock sensor.

I noticed on my alarm system it wasn't just the shock sensor causing the alarm to siren - apparently all my sensors shock, glass & ultransonic receive power once the system is armed regardless if the engine is still running. If you have a similar setup you may need to have a relay on the power lead for each sensor. That is why i went for the software upgrade path - less stuffing around with relays. Hope this helps anyway.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic