icon

Memphis Audio Mclass Comp Set

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
braminator 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
I just thought I would share.  I just replaced my Polk Auido db6500 with the Memphis Audio Msync Mclass 6.5 Comp set and was blown away in the Sound Quality difference.  I was talked out of JL Xr650 and Diamond Hexs by the dealer whop sells all 3.  IMO these Mclass speaker rock.  Very tight and accurate.
ANybody else running these and if so what is your opinion?
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  

I demoed the Memphis set you bought against the JL and Diamond set as well.  I thought both the Diamond and the Memphis set blew the JLs out of the water.  I found it hard to choose between what the Memphis and the Diamond sound.  If I remember, I thought the Memphis had slightly better midbass but the vocals/midrange on the Diamond were slightly clearer.  How did you choose? 

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
braminator 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
Well I demoed the Diamonds in a car in his shop they were real nice.  He told me to try the Mclass and I said I would if he would take them on exchange for the Diamons after 1 week to audition them.  I was amazed at the SQ and pushed them with my Memphis Belle Mc1300d.  75 watts rms and they can handle it and then some with ease.  Clarity with classic rock(Pink Floyd, ELO etc...) is awsome.  I would rate them very high.
kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
A Belle and some MClass components - sounds like the makings of a great system.  What else are you running?  (head unit, sub?)
braminator 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have the Eclipse 8454hu , Memphis Belle MC1300d5 channel amp, Mclass 6.5 comp and mclass 6x9 coaxil, and 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1.  I want sound quality for Classic Pink Floyd, ELO etc...
kfr01 
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds like a great system.  Do you have everything installed?  If so, how do you like the e-iserv pro mode on the 8454?

braminator 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Everything is installed.  I have not figured out everything on the headunit.  I have tuned it to my hear so far and I am blown away at the quality of sound.  I am not sure what I would change if anything. I need to tweak a few things like the tweeter atinuation levels and time alignment maybe.  Just by my ear I am really satisfied with my dealer recommendation so far.  I tried getting other forum members opinions on this before and after so far but they are all biased to what they use or money.  I went with my ear and an open mind to different unpopular brands.  Memphis amps seem to be a good choice by many thought but not the speakers.  Thanks for the imput.
kevinbo5 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2004 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the MClass components?

My local shop has them and I'm about to bite the bullet and buy them. I'm just making sure the price is right. He's quoted me $200 for the MClass Components. (I'm not sure if those were the MSync or not)

The MSync look like regular coaxials right?

braminator 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2004 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
I got the actual Mclass MSQ6.5's for $280 installed. $200 for the msync sound about right.  I love mine and the SQ in my opinion is awsome.  I did compare them to Diamonds HEx and JL xr's and I am glad I chose what I did.  They handle my amp with ease and sound great for PINK FLOYD.....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic