Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icu400 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
gain means input sensitivity, so yes sens is what that is
it is probably in volts as well, going from like .5 to 6 or so
The way to set that is to turn the radio volume up to a maximum that you would listen to it (remember that number, thats your new max volume) and then adjust the dial upwards until you hear some distortion, then turn it back down until it goes away and sounds good, then you are there. 1/2 way up is a good rule of thumb though, as long as it does not sound distorted (popping sounds or other bad noises can indicate distortion). The way I set this on my amp was by using a song that had a continuous bass tone; i would have used some rap but usually it is more of a beat and I found it harder to tell the difference while I was setting the gain.
The "gain" is not a volume control though, it simply adjusts the amp to meet the signal strength of from the cd player.
Hope that helped, peace.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

icu400 wrote:
gain means input sensitivity, so yes sens is what that is
it is probably in volts as well, going from like .5 to 6 or so
The way to set that is to turn the radio volume up to a maximum that you would listen to it (remember that number, thats your new max volume) and then adjust the dial upwards until you hear some distortion, then turn it back down until it goes away and sounds good, then you are there. 1/2 way up is a good rule of thumb though, as long as it does not sound distorted (popping sounds or other bad noises can indicate distortion). The way I set this on my amp was by using a song that had a continuous bass tone; i would have used some rap but usually it is more of a beat and I found it harder to tell the difference while I was setting the gain.
The "gain" is not a volume control though, it simply adjusts the amp to meet the signal strength of from the cd player.
Hope that helped, peace.

Exactly right. Also don't use the bass boost heavily because it can also make the amp go into clipping and then your subs will distort and if the distortion is bad enough your subs can eventually blow. I would set your bass to 0 or -1 and then put the sub control on about 10. Then, set the gain on the amp like icu400 said.

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

I wouldnt start out at half way on the gain.  I have mine at maybe an 1/8 or a 1/4 turn from the lowest setting.  But then again, all amps are different.  I suggest starting at the lowest, then go up. 

I like sound quality , so i have mine turned down pretty low to reduce the rumble on some songs.  Then if i want more bass, i turn my sub settings up on the source- which yours has.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic