icon

Sticking Up For Audiobahn!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twisty1er 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2004 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  

I've read so much negativity about audiobahn!!!!! Why????? They look good with their chrome finish, I personaly have 3 1206T's running them 2Ohm and I feel the ground shake when I leave my car door open. I got my subs for $125 each and I run them on 3 Q1-2400 thats over 3000 watts RMS peak is like 5000 and theyve never burned out or rattled they hit hard with no distortion.  But I  think the pricing plays alot with the negativity as well, you have to research on the net and negotiate with the person selling the equipment (I got my complete bass system for $850)

I beleive people have had bad experience with them, because your amps have to have a greater RMS than the RMS on the subs so they wont CLIP internaly and send bad frequency to the subs!!!!!!! And for those who don't know you cant run subs continuosly in the peak watts!! thats the 1 one way subs speakers get coils melted!!! don't be mad at me for sharing my opinion

Thats only my opinion

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2004 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  

Search back about a week ago.  We had someone bring this same topic up.  Actually, here's the link:   https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=33480&KW=audiobahn

3 pages worth of opinions.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Audiobahn1500 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with you there subs and amps are wonderful they look great and sound great.  The amps can get a little pricey but i think its worth it. By the way i got two 1206T's and the A1500HCT that 2000 watts rms and i love it
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
They're annoying because its a great marketing ploy to separate "bassheads" from their money...and I'm not getting a share of it.  It appeals to those who like the look and want to make big boom sounds.  But they're certainly a step in the right direction:  guys putting together a sound system instead of turning into vegetables in front of a game station.  Just try to keep your hearing so that you can stay with the hobby...
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
alex75 
Copper - Posts: 134
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
my girl has 2 of the lower end Audiobahn subs.  I think 1051q's in a properly ported box, getting only about 150-200W RMS at 2 ohms and they F@#$ing pound!  They take a lot of abuse too, she likes her music loud and listens to techno and rap.  Audiobahn gets bashed for SQ and I do see why.  Her subs are slightly musical(I'd give them a 3 on a scale of 10), but definately engineered for SPL.  I've listened to some of the top-end Audiobahn subs and was also impressed, they had a lot more SQ.  Anyhoo, considering she got the pair of subs on e-bay for $85 shipped, I'd say it's the deal of the century.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
twisty1er wrote:

I beleive people have had bad experience with them, because your amps have to have a greater RMS than the RMS on the subs so they wont CLIP internaly and send bad frequency to the subs!!!!!!! And for those who don't know you cant run subs continuosly in the peak watts!! thats the 1 one way subs speakers get coils melted!!! don't be mad at me for sharing my opinion

Thats only my opinion

Or you could save money and buy an amp that actually puts out its RMS power rating, then set the gain on the amp correctly (so your amp isn't clipping) and you'd be fine. So what im saying is that you don't need an amp that puts out a bigger RMS power to not blow your subs (in fact doing that would make it that much easier).

Audiobahn subs could sound alot better if they didn't waste all their money chroming their subs so that they can sell more to the young people that like the looks of the subs. This especially applys to their amps, where you can buy a much better brand that has the same power ratings (and true ones at that) for about the same price. Plus audiobahn uses off the shelf parts and are made in some distant asian country.

Their lower end subs arn't that bad really, they do play nice and loud (if powered properly and used in the right size and type of box). I just wouldn't spend my money on any of their more expensive stuff.

wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  

I'm an audiobahn guy........... 2    1206Ts, and a few amps to go with em. 

Sound quality definately isn't a plus on them,   especially with that damn little AUDIOBAHN logo floating in the middle of the cone that whistles if you don't have the woofers really pounding............          But if all you want is SPL, then you've found your company.....    Higher end audiobahn subs are built like tanks.   They're beefy in almost every possible way, and look nice too.   As for the entire chrome controversy,    any company can chrome their amps, and probably sell at the same price they're already selling for.   Audiobahn is a large company, and I'm sure they have a factory that chromes all the chassis' in bulk for the same price the other companies are paying to paint/powdercoat/polish their products.   Now all the blue neon lights, that's a different story........  (sorry guys)
As for power ratings:
I brought my four channel audiobahn amp to Tweeter (a home/car entertainment chain store,  for all you who didn't know)  to be bench tested for power output.   The box said 75x4  RMS.    We got a reading of about 75 watts per channel,  at a normal level.......but at a power of between 12 and 13.3 volts.      The average car runs at 14.4 volts, as we already know.   
At 14.4 volts,   the reading:    about 100 watts RMS.
They under-rated that amplifier...............what now????

~wayland

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic