icon

Help from you electronic geniuses...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Planetium 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

Hey there. I recently acquired an electric scooter which was torn apart electronically. I managed to clean it up and see what components I have, but my technical knowledge regarding relays and switching is limited. Can any of you electronically inclined individuals help me figure out how to properly wire the scooter? Here is what I have so far.

The throttle controls two switches. When the throttle is half-open, it triggers a single switch which has three points: Common, Normally Open, Normally Closed. When at full throttle, that switch remains triggered and it triggers another with Common, Normally Open, Normally closed. The scooter has two batteries which are not conencted in series, each battery has a positive and negative wire leading out of the battery box. The motor has a single positive and single negative terminal. Finally, there are two relays included, each with five poles (I forget the proper name, but the one where it closes one circuit as it opens another when current passes through). Can any of you who have the time or interest please explain to me how I should wire this? I suspect that the function of the throttle is to use one battery at half throttle, and both at full throttle. Again, here is a list of my parts:

Throttle which opens either one switch or both (as in just switch A, or switch A and B, but not just switch B)

Two switches with common, normally open, and normally closed posts

Two batteries, not connected in series

Two relays with five posts each

One motor with one terminal for positive, and one for negative

If any of you can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. You can just reply here, PM me, AIM me (yocomoqueso), or email me ( yocomoqueso@hotmail.com) with the solution.

xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

well if i designed the electrics of it I would have the batteries in parallel at low speed and series at the higher speed, it would act as a gearing system since motors require more current to start out I would have the batteries in parallel, since the speed  of the motor is based on the voltage I would then have them in series...

dont have the time to look at the specifics of the switches and relays right now though... good luck!

Planetium 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, but I'm really not sure how to implement that. I'm basically a total newbie when it comes to individual electronic parts, and what I really need is either a diagram, or a verbal explanation of the setup to use.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic