the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

JBL 6 X 9 Old school

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ull3030 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know where I can have a pair of JBL T595 speakers rebuilt and for how much.  These speakers are over 15 years old and the surround is dri rotted and the paper cone appears to be in bad shape.  The owner wants to rebuild the speakers to give to his son for a present.  Let me know if anyone thinks that it is worth going through with repairing. 

thanks Mike

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

Is it a home audio speaker?  You can find excellent replacement drivers from www.madisound.com.  I think it might be worth it just to buy new speakers though. 

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
Its going to be hard to find parts to repair that set of speakers (they are 15 years old). I would just tell him to buy a newer set of JBL speakers (their gto line is great). I found this on sounddomain.com, that are the limited edition of the model you listed above. Also a quick search on ebay turned up some results. Here is the ebay link to those speakers.
ull3030 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:

Is it a home audio speaker?  You can find excellent replacement drivers from www.madisound.com.  I think it might be worth it just to buy new speakers though. 

Sorry I forgot to mention that the speakers were a pair of 3 way 6" x 9".  I am not sure if I gave the exact model number, but they look just like the model that I listed.  I saw that the new price of these speakers start at around $280.00.

Thanks for any help 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic