icon

Hidden Door Lock Button

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Diesel1 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram that came with auto lock/unlock buttons. I believe the door locks are Reverse Polarity but not positive. How can I wire a hidden button that will only unlock my doors? The truck does not have an alarm. Thanks

Diesel1

Laur 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
ya can find several schematics on this site but ya must now the polarity of your central lock
Diesel1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

Laur, thanks for your reply. Only found diagrams for installing alarms that lock and unlock. I'm looking for a easy way to get in the next time I lock my keys inside.  I want to use a push button to just unlock the door without installing an alarm.

Diesel1

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
the only problem i see.....is the button getting wet and shorting out.....
another idea is to attach a tin wire to the lock rod inside the door and run it to the fender well....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Diesel1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

The button getting wet want be a problem. It will be it a tool box. Thanks for the reply.

Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
you must lock your keys in your car alot to need to do this. what about wiring a relay up the actual door lock actuator, then install a switch. or like draasch was saying run a cable from inside the door out so its mechanical and not electrical.
Diesel1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

Only lock them it once, but it was such a hassle I want to make sure it doesn't happen again. I found the wires it the drivers kick panel. The problem is the Reverse Polarity wiring. I need help with how to wire the relay(s) and button to the wiring in the kick panel. Thanks for any information you can offer.

Diesel1

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  
Check this out then, you can put a spare key inside of your gas cap.
Gas Cap
Diesel1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks everyone for the advice, but I'm still wanting a push button. Is the Reverse Polarity wiring the problem getting help? I know with all the people on this forum. There is an alarm Guru that knows about my truck wiring and how to wire the push button. Hopefully one will have time to help.

Diesel1

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Look at the relay page here. The 5 Wire Alternating page.
Dont worrie about the lock part unless u want that also, go by the diagram, when it comes to the pin 86 put you push button to this. there be 2 conectors for the buttton one go to ground and the other go to pin 86. that should work for ya.
I know you said you want a push button but this is cool also. its for locking your keys in the car, you just knock on your window.
This is cool
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic