icon

Viper 550HF

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kcalvert_25 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

Im having a problem, i bought the alarm off ebay, and it came with all new harnesses. It has a yellow wire off the starter kill relay, which should be switched ignition input! On the back of the brain however it dosent show the yellow wire going to anything. If this is true than how do you reset the alarm after it goes off, so u dnt get three chirps when disarming. I know on other models when you would turn the key on than off it would reset. tried looking on vipers website but it seems they dnt have the install manuals online anymore!!! Whats up with that??

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
is the yellow wire on pin 86 or 85????
and there another wire(orange)that also goes to the relay???
if so the yellow wire gives you 12v when the key is turned on, which you will need in order for the starter disable to work
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
catch22 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

The viper 550HF comes with a pre-wired ignition kill relay.  Yellow wire (ignition12+) & orange (ground while armed output).  Connect the yellow wire off the relay to the ignition 12+ wire.  There isn't a yellow wire off the brain because, if I remember correctly, this particular model has engine start built in.  Did you receive all modules? if so, you should see additional plug in ports.  The alarm gets its ignition input through the remote start interface.

kcalvert_25 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
catch22 wrote:

The viper 550HF comes with a pre-wired ignition kill relay.  Yellow wire (ignition12+) & orange (ground while armed output).  Connect the yellow wire off the relay to the ignition 12+ wire.  There isn't a yellow wire off the brain because, if I remember correctly, this particular model has engine start built in.  Did you receive all modules? if so, you should see additional plug in ports.  The alarm gets its ignition input through the remote start interface.

Oh, ok so if i have the remote start harnees hooked up, i will get my ignition input there, which will reset the alarm?

kcalvert_25 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have a remote start sattilite relay pack, and a led for the 550hf, i got the led but it is the bigger plug and the brain has a small plug.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
what do you mean reset???
there should be a wire on one of the harnesses that is for a 12v ign. wire....that is the one that will clear the memory for the alarm....the yellow from the relay will go to the same wire...
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
kcalvert_25 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

draasch wrote:
what do you mean reset???
there should be a wire on one of the harnesses that is for a 12v ign. wire....that is the one that will clear the memory for the alarm....the yellow from the relay will go to the same wire...

Yeah i ment clear the memory!! Ill have to try that soon as i get the sattilte relay harness

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic