icon

1994 Honda Accord Coupe Door Lock Relay Location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrmeow 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  

Can anyone help me with the location of the door lock relay on my 92 accord ex cp????   when I lock the door either with the key or the alarm system the actuators continue to click.  I presume the relay is sticking.

thanx for any help

MrMeow
mrmeow 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
sorry guys and girls,  i made a mistake on the previous post.  my vehicle is actually a 94 accord ex coupe.  thanx again for any help.
MrMeow
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 94 accord EX 4 door, and the chilton book says nothing about relays. It does say its clustered with other fuses and relays.  I looked in the engine bay and the panel next to the dead pedal and didnt find one. I'd look around the actuator.   Im thinking the switch could be sticking, dont think it has a relay.

I had a problem- prolly fixed but i dont know, it had a car alarm system from the past owner, all i could see that was the ignition interupter.  I didnt know if it had keyless.  Since i was the only one going in and out i just pulled the power door lock fuse and do it manually.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
dei user 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
maxst trace power lock wires around drivers door boot or under dash by drivers door boot should looking for orange wire and black with white stripe wire to see if any wire is still tapped in from old alarm  if so then wires somehow are touching ground  creating door locks to lock and unlock there is such relay in main fuse box in engine compartment  could also be  problem if worsty comes to worst could  be that actuators are bad? are all four doors lockin and unlocking at the same time? if so wires  are sorting somewhere causing it ti lock and unlock 
dei user
dei user 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

r all four doors  locking  and unlockin at the same time? if so the wires form old alarm system r touching groung some where and causing for the door locks to lock and unlock on its own or wires r in short somewher good luck

dei user
mrmeow 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

Thanx for the input guys.  The car is a coupe and the doors aren't locking and unlocking.  When I lock the doors either by key (manually) or by the keyless system the actuators will continue to click and attempt to keep locking the doors.  This usually happens about fifteen to twenty times until it stops.  I've been hanging around waiting for it to stop before I leave the car.   This is getting to be a pain in the ass.  I'm sure there is a relay or some type of regulator that sends a signal and juice to the actuator.  I believe this is where the problem lies.  I just don't know the location of the controls or "brain" for this system.

Thanx again,

MrMeow
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah they all did.  Tomorrow, since its summer and nice out, im going to remove the whole thing.  Maybe buy a nice new one.  Gotta protect my investment.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
wjfox325 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
I had the same problem with my 1996 Accord. I decided to opend the driver door and take a look at the lock actuator. I suspected that was the problem. After getting it out I called the dealer. The part cost $130 and installation by the dealer was another $130. The actuator is not a sealed until. I opened it by removing the screws. I found that the rubber stop was cracked and was failing to stop the swing arm in the correct position. It was leaving the circuti open instead of closing it.
I fabricated a stop myself since the whole actuator was expensive and the dealer did not sell just the rubber stop. See uploaded image. The black rubber stop on the white paper is the defective part. The grey stop on the actuator is the one I fabricated. I made it from a rubber foot I took off a bread machine before throwing it away.
I hope this helps.
1994 Honda Accord Coupe Door Lock Relay Location - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic