icon

ADS 2001, 1974 amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
Seriously, thats what smiley faces are for, to say "i'm just playing wit you", and besides, the "old" members that ARE on here joke about their age anyways. It was assumed you were old because you had a piece of old equipment, and it isn't common for people as young as you to own or even be into old equipment.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
Wiseguy 
Copper - Posts: 159
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
yeah im sorry didnt mean to get all crazy
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

no problem we all PMS a little sometimes.... we'll keep an eye out for you.... dont get hung up on age... some of the opinions i respect most on this forum are from old timers like myself... (you know who you are )... as i mentioned i was installing these power plate amps brand new back in the late 70's and early 80's and they are indeed sweet little units

heck, let me put that into perspective for you... i quit smoking when cigs hit .67 cents a pack and when beer went to 4.75 a case i swore if it every hit 5 bucks i was done..... so appreciate age on a forum like this... some of the moldy " old guys" like myself have forgotten more about car audio than you guys under 20 will ever know.....

just curious.... what kind of a security system were you running?    why didnt it do it's job?

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Wiseguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
thats the problem they hit me one week too early, i was getting a two ay pager alarm this week and now whats the point
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 24, 2004 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
lesson learned.... i tell all my customers.. take the first 500 bucks of your system and install the security system first, not last.... cause you may not have anything to protect next payday....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Wiseguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2004 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

yeah im gonna put the two way pager alarm in before i replace anything

btw it may look like a found a guy who may have an ads2001 from audiogon.com but please keep and eye out for me

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2004 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

Meh, age smage, so old we fart dust and spew forth suggestions that are "radically new" to kids every year. Why didn't Best Buy guy say that, are you trying to BS me...... You know I remember removing some of those old amps and at the time all the customer wanted was something new, if only we had known then what we know now.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
colaroaster 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2004 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Those two-piece Power Plate amps were great.  I believe they date from about 1978, but I could be wrong.  You are unlikely to find one except maybe on eBay or through an enthusiast group.  I spoke to my contact at Directed (who now own a/d/s) and he said there is NO old stock stored anywhere in the world.

are there any old stock sotres for precision power or orion? if so where are they located?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic