icon

’02 Maxima VSS Wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmagrogan 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to find the VSS wire for my '02 Maxima SE, I have the Alpine Navigation and it needs to hook up to it. Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thankx!
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine says its in a brown plug in the driver's side dash and is a pink/blue wire.
sparky
bmagrogan 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the reply, I am hooked upto that wire now and it isn't generating the signal, on the Navigation Info Screen, the speed pluse light never blinks at all and the nav isn't updating quickly, Almost like it doesn't know the car is moving. The factory radio had the volume increase with speed so I wonder if the wire is in one of the 4 harnesses that plugged into it. Any help would be great, thankx!
fredisfound 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 5:48 AM / IP Logged  
If you have a test light you can test these wires quite easily. Just put the clip end to a power supply in the car and the probe end to the wire that may be the vss wire and rock the car back and forth about 2 feet or so, If it is the right wire the light will light up and go out as you move the car,,,,,check it out. Works for me.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
If your nav system is getting a VSS signal there should be a gray banner across the bottom of the screen. The proper way to measure if there is actually a VSS signal is to use a digital meter set on a continuity/ohms scale. Place one probe on a good ground and the other on the VSS wire. As you move the vehicle forward slowly you will see a pulse on the meter every few feet. Don't use a test light as this can fry modules/computers instantly. Sorry fredisfound.
sparky
bmagrogan 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2004 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you for all the info, I was able to get it hooked up in the end, but here is another question for you, when I replaced the factory stereo, the buttons on the left hand side of the stering wheel don't work now which is not a huge deal, but I want the trip button to work again and I want to know more then just the outside temp. Any idea's on this? Thank you!

ryanmc 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

To use the temp and other steering wheel controls (other than the radio ones) after putting in a aftermarket radio you have to ground the brown wire with white stripe located on the white plug that was plugged into the stock radio. This plug isnt used on an aftermarkert.

Where did you locate the vss wire and is it pink with blue strip thanks

Also the pac swx works great for the radio steering controls if your aftermarket has a remote control i picked it up for like 39 beans from buy.com

good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic