icon

2000 Celica GT alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Wacboyjulian 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys, im new here and i honestly don't understand 90% of the tecnical talk here thus meaning i have a few questions

infromation:

2000 GT Celica Auto with no Car security system watsoever.Im am gonna get a sound system in about a year so i figure i need security first. Planning on getting a DEI product hopefully and looking in the 300-500$ range

1st question: I was reading previous posts and they mentioned about a celica "Starter grind." How common is that in the remote starting Celica? ( cause i really want it)

2) Is expecting to pay 350 for a system and 150 for install a reasonable estimate for me?

3) I want to also be able to have window close/open capibilities. Will i need to buy something else in order for that to work and how much more labor does that involve?

4) Do any of you installers live in the Wheaton, Illnois suburb area who would like to sell and install one for me? I was thinking about going to Evergreen Park where Fox Collision & Security is *they have an MECP guy there apparently* or just go to this Ziebart in nearby Lombard.... (i would be happier if any of you guys lived or worked near me)

5) how long will it take? Can i expect to go there, pick the system, sit for 3 hours and then drive away in my secured car? or is it more like 2 visits?

thanks guys for all your help

If life gives you a lemon, you better give that lemon to me.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  
it may take a few hours.....i dont use that brand, so i dont know what you should be paying.......it should take one trip.......if it takes more then one, i would say that they werent 100% sure of what they were doing....they should know ahead of time what parts are needed to do the job right or should have the parts in stock.....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic