icon

2001 Eclipse Window

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
szeny 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
today i went to roll down my passenger window and it went down and then made a noise and now it wont go back up... i checked the motor and it seems ok.. it doesnt make any noise though as if no power is going to it.. i check all the fuses for the windows... the drivers side rolls up fine... is there a relay or soemthing i can check before i shell out $$$$ for a window motor? Or if it is the motor anywhere i can buy a oem one cheap? thanks
TheBayArea 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 4:09 AM / IP Logged  

did ya check if the window lock button was on?

stueybaby17 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

szeny wrote:
today i went to roll down my passenger window and it went down and then made a noise and now it wont go back up... i checked the motor and it seems ok.. it doesnt make any noise though as if no power is going to it.. i check all the fuses for the windows... the drivers side rolls up fine... is there a relay or soemthing i can check before i shell out $$$$ for a window motor? Or if it is the motor anywhere i can buy a oem one cheap? thanks

Hey. . . i had the exact same problem. . . I took my whole door apart and I used a jumper and checked all the wires in the switch and everything.  I found out the the motor is good, but it's not getting either ground that the motor needs to make it run.  I'm betting that it's a relay somewhere.  I searched all over the car but i can't seem to find it.  I found a master relay that controls both windows, but i heard that lots of cars have 3 different relays.

LMK if you find out where the relay is or if there is some other problem.

ice4life8269 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
what type of noise did it make? did the motor smell burnt at all? you may also want to check the driver's side window switch (for the passenger window, of course) if the switch is broken the the other one won't work either. good luck, keep us posted
stueybaby17 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

ice4life8269 wrote:
what type of noise did it make? did the motor smell burnt at all? you may also want to check the driver's side window switch (for the passenger window, of course) if the switch is broken the the other one won't work either. good luck, keep us posted

I dind't really heard a noise cuz i had the radio playing pretty loud...  Motor didn't smell burnt... I took it all apart and tested the motor and everything.  I found out that the motor uses two grounds and two hots.  It was getting the hotts that it needed but not the grounds.  I took a jumper wire and went from the battery to the switch and the window goes up and down. 

I did check that the drivers side window didn't work.

And so far I have only found one relay that controls both the drivers side and the passangers side windows.  Do you think that there could be 3 of them?    Or know of a reason why two separate grounds would just quit working at the same time?  Can part of a relay go bad?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic