icon

Ebay OK?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Wacboyjulian 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

I was lookin on ebay for some stuff and they had Clifford G4/G5 stuff and Matrix 3.5 stuff sellin for 400ish. Is that a decent price to get it?

Does anybody have any experience getting stuff off ebay? Will a DEI-licensed installer install a DEI product that was bought off Ebay?

thanks for your answers guys

If life gives you a lemon, you better give that lemon to me.
Wacboyjulian 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  

also, how MUCH should i be expecting to pay overall? (labor, costs?)

how much is a Viper 791XV or Clifford RSX 3.5? I can never find prices

If life gives you a lemon, you better give that lemon to me.
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Be careful with ebay especially with electronics. And dont purchase anything "off ebay" cause thats when you can really get ripped off even if the price sounds too good.
tonyIrv 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

I purchased a RSX3.5 from Ebay and had it installed at BestBuy. I paid about $260 for the alarm. BestBuy was going to charge about  $200 to install it. But, the first installer couldn't install it. After coming back several times, they installed it for free. With that being said, unless you can install it yourself in my opinion it's not worth it. One thing that ebay is good for, is buying alarm accessories (passlock, mercury switches). If your interested send me a pm and I'll tell you who I get my stuff from.

ocbaud 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
i bought my viper 791xv on ebay and installed it myself. i got a great deal because i only have $170 into my whole alarm
zoink 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

Be careful getting stuff on ebay especially,  and anything to do with, car related electronics products. Some of them might be stolen. Its always good to ask the seller for the original reciept of the item just in case you will have a problem with the authorities in the future. I never tried buying anything off of ebay but I do hear some nightmare stories.

Just something to think about.

Zoink ! Ebay OK? -- posted image.

mjones88901 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2004 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

I know that If you install a DEI product yourself or have it installed by a non-certified DEI installer you void the warranty instantly.

ka3vvv 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2004 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  

I deal on ebay all the time user name is  ezsolution123. never had a problem.  I have a DEI  Avistart model 4300 on there. It New in the box.

Item number: 5705916154.  Far as I know thery will cover it under warranty. That from the whosale I boutght it from.

Im just stuck with it. I spen the money for it. In the person back out of the deal. The things we do for our friends.

ebay is kool just read some of the feed back on the person. ask ? to the seller. Some with no feed back I some time pass them up. Or I just keep email them to make sure they will keep reply.

Good luck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic