icon

Question about Alarm Computer Placement

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ruvtvetguy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2004 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  
I have a Alpine 8040 Alarm in my Acura Integra and it seems that it only will transmit when i am at the drivers door???? Where would be a good place to put it will i will get better reception, I have already replaced my battery in my remote. Thanks!!!!
jfk51502003 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2004 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
is there an external antenna...?if so ...try placing in different positions untill you get the desired range you would like...usually attached to alarm...or plugs into alarm...hope that helps...can you see the brain under dash...?
ruvtvetguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2004 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
There is an external antenna, under the dash the best place??? I want the best range possible, i use the alarm more for power doorlocks than the alarm, but the range is pretty short, underneath the center console but i didnt think about the postioning of the antenna, ill try that, thanks.
jfk51502003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
how much length do you have on antenna...windshield would prob. be the best spot ...just make sure its not under tint...or obstructing your view...is the antenna just a piece of wire...?
ruvtvetguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
The length of the antenna is about 3 inches long, so it isnt that long and by putting it up under the dash it still only works when im right next to the door, i dont want to extend the antenna right???? i mean it is prelengthened to a particular length right, or would adding wire help??
Thanks
jfk51502003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
yes...you shouldnt add wire...although...i worked w/ audiovox alarms in which we would use re-furbished alarms....some techs would wrap the antenna lead(wire) in the harness and tape it up soo when it was de-installed the service techs would just rip out the antenna leaving an inch or two...i would add a length of wire...worked great....when did you notice you lost range...was it all the sudden...never had range...?
ruvtvetguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

I will try taking a wire a wrapping it around the antenna and seeing if that helps, it basically never had any range, Ive never noticed it with that much range to begin with.

Thanks 

jfk51502003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2004 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
bobk said...................are your windows tented with metal tent? if so your renge will be short, adding wire is not a answer...i agree adding wire is not the answer...but again i did this on audiovox alarms and the range came back...sooooo def. call dealer...but if wire is short due to loss of length...give er a try ...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic