icon

Final Decision

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Alrighty guys. I dont know if you all read my last post about the 15" M6, but now that i've confirmed its authenticity, i have to choose between that and one other sub. If I go with the M6, I can get it, and a pre-fabbed ported box for 200 dollars. My other choice is Infinity's top of the line Kappa Perfects 12.1D. I am running 2 12's right now, so i'd only need the subs. I can get them for 78 dollars a piece brand new. My question is, which set up will hit harder but stay somewhat clean? Again, i'm going to be running either sub(s) set up to a Diamond Audio D3 600.1 amp. Thanks.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

You're getting Perfect 12.1's for $78?  Good price.  I assume they are not the new VQ line...

In any case, I'd run two 12's before one 15 if you want SQ.  Don't get me wrong Diamond makes some of the best gear out there (and I also verified that they make a 15" M6) and they are probably built better than Infinity.  My opinion is based of my preference for tight, accurate bass over low rumbling bass.  It depends on what you want.

Here's the real way to choose.  LISTEN to both setups.  Take your Diamond amp in to the shop and ask them to power up the 15 and the 12s with it and see which you like better.

Support the12volt.com
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
I figured you'd say that. Thanks though. However... what's this VQ line?? where do i get some info on those?
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
icu400 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
infinity's website has them listed, and I know that crutchfield.com sells them
southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2004 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
i got the 12d vq line two 12's they are dual voice coil 4ohm subs. they have pole inserts that go into the magnet for different box sizes. they are really clean an hit hard. thanks to dyohn for the info on those subs.
southsider

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic