icon

JVC VS Alpine, etc. HeadUnits

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asomega-tronss 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2004 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

I've recently started looking at the JVC KD-LHX500 that has a touch screen, PiCT, variable color display, etc.  Previously I was looking at the Alpine 9833.  I'm curious to see if anyone has had experience with JVC headunits?  I really like the idea of being able to add on the 12 disc MP3 changer and the touch panel, but I want it to sound good too.  Alpine has time correction and stuff but is it worth it?

If I bought the JVC I'd purchase a 12 Disc CD/MP3 changer to go with it.  If I got the Alpine, I wouldn't buy a changer. 

So what are some opinions on which setup to go with? Also, feel free to through out some other good models. 

1) JVC KD-LHX500 Touch Panel HU-($260) and 12 Disc CD/MP3 changer ($140)-->$400 total

2) Alpine 9833 for $450

Thanks!

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2004 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

there is absolutly no comparison between jvc and alpine, , its like compareing a ford taurus to a ferarri enzo.

Go with the alpine.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2004 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

^^^^^^^ Like the pet peeve!!!

Its all in what you want, if you want the touch screen, go with it. Personally, I am not a fan of JVCs products, but its not my car.

I do also agree with ALPINE guy...... the Alpine deck will give you a far superior sound to the JVC, But not to get you discouraged away from something you may want, the JVC isn't all that bad sounding, but yet not a top liner in a SQ setup.

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with Alpine Guy,  you are comparing a yugo to a mercedes.  If you have the funds, go Alpine.
Do it right the first time
aidipf 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, alpine may be a better headunit than jvc but if you really like the jvc, i say go with it. because you always critique EQ settings to your listening pleasure. besides it not like the alpine is going to sound light years better though you know what i mean.
mr. innovations
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

Frankly, if you're going to be running mostly mp3s the quality of the head unit matters less.  The mp3's themselves will be the weak link in your sound system.  I'd still go with the Alpine though. :-)

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic