icon

PPI Amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

Thinking of a PPI amp. Haven't decided on the exact power or channels yet though.  I want to hear some opinions on them first. So let's hear 'em - yea or nay?

You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
shaman 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
HELL YEAH, canNOT go wrong with PPI.  WHat amp are you looking at, and for what?
fugit 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
I have a pc 225 that I've owned for 5 years and I got a pcx 440 that I've had for about a month.  I have never had any problems and they sound great.   I have heard that the new dcx line isn't the same as they aren't made the same or something.  I don't really know what that means, but I dig the ones I have.
"I'm Rick James bi***, enjoy yo' self Ah Ah Ah"
Dave Chappelle as Rick James
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, I'm thinking of one for the components and coax's (MB Quart), one for the sub ( or subs- want to buy another one), and one for the subs in the other truck (which aren't installed yet - need an amp, lol.) There was a 4 channel  1000 watt PCX model that looked like it would be perfect for all of the above applications (well, if I added 3 more 250 watt subs to the first truck.)
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
shaman 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have an older PC-2400 and I really like it.  It is an exceptionally clean amp, and I hear that the PCX models are not bad either.  But they have changed them significantly from the previous models.   My only complaint is the new look.  They belong more in star trek then in the trunk of a car.  I would trust PPI to come through on a good product, I have never heard a complaint about any of thier amps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic