icon

G5 AvanteGard or Matrix RS 3.5 ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdeluna 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
What is the difference and which one is better ?? I know both have the remote start which I want, or is the Solaris better ?? DO all of these alarms have the PLAIN VIEW VALET SWITCH ???
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
did you research?
jdeluna 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  

rudbwoy69camaro wrote:
did you research?

Yes I did  went to Clifford's site, but I want to know everyone's opinions as to which one they like or use, or recommend even though they are both made by the same manufacture. People may have a preference of one over the other. Just like are you able to do the Cliff Wizzad with the Matrix ??? Does the Matrix have the plain view valet buttons ?? I believe none of these were mentioned on Clifford's site but I could be wrong.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
i dont know what you mean by "plain view valet buttons"  they do come with a valet switch... but no one i know mounts them in plain view also this circuit can be wired as a ghost valet on all Clifford's model, meaning you wire the valet switch circuit to anything in the vehicle that provides 12V and then program the number of pulses yourself from 1 - 5.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
datrick 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed both of these systems.   There are a lot of differences.  Main difference is the 2way communication.    Avantguard does not have 2 way communication.     I personally don't like 2 way communication.  Too big a remote to carry with.     The avantguard G5 has all 3 sensors included and the smart powered siren.   Whereas the MAtrix RS3.5 has to be upgraded with additional sensors.    My preference is:  Avantguard G5 (Nice system).  
dei user 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
same here with datrick clifford avantguard 5 big fan of new g5 models. outstanding performance in security bravo. have one personally in my car and added smartwindows 4 for complete package. ive installed over the yeears and always being a clifford fan but i have to give it up to dei and clifford they did a great job with them
dei user
jdeluna 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
THanks for the response everyone. I thought that at one time CLifford was advertising that they had a "Plain View" valet switch , meaning that it can be installed anywhere in the interior even in plain view sight, but unlike other alarm systems, you have to toggle in a code to disarm it, where as other alarms, the toggle or switch just disarms the system. Now I may be wrong as it has been many years since I last looked into alarm systems, but do other alarms have this type of valet switch where you have to toggle in a code, etc. to disarm the alarm system, I know my old audiovox prestige had one, what about the others, or are they pretty much the standard ???
jdeluna 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
i dont know what you mean by "plain view valet buttons"  they do come with a valet switch... but no one i know mounts them in plain view also this circuit can be wired as a ghost valet on all Clifford's model, meaning you wire the valet switch circuit to anything in the vehicle that provides 12V and then program the number of pulses yourself from 1 - 5.....

Kevin,

Can you tell me more about this Ghost Valet, does it work like this, I can wire the valet switch as my headlight switch, so turning it on and off X amount of times will disarm the system, is that how it works ?? If so does ALL DEI and Clifford system use this or just certain ones ?? Thanks again for any info.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic