the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Factory Door Fabric

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody know where I can score actual factory fabric from Honda? I am putting a trmendous amount of effort into my doorpanels, and I don't want some generic fabric that "kinda looks like it"
I am willing to check out all suggestions...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  
The junk yards.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
ok, I am willing to check out MOST suggestions... Factory Door Fabric - Last Post -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
I think you can actually get it from your local dealership. They might have to order it from the factory and it'll be more expensive but it might worth a try.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Factory Door Fabric - Last Post -- posted image.
archemedes 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
some upholstery shops can get oem fabric (Iknow I've gotten gm, and bmw before)
flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2004 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, don't be such a snob, the salvage yards will have some cars in equal to or better condition than your car. Cost less too.
haemphyst 
Posted: July 01, 2004 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
flynntech, I am not being a snob, but the pieces of fabric that I could get at the junkyard would be exactly the same size as what is on my door right now, and if that was going to be enough, I would use what I already have in my posession - I wouldn't need to buy any at all. Take a chill pill man.
Not only that, but my car is only three years old, and I bought it off the showroom floor, and it sounds to me like you think I can't take care of my stuff... Nothing could be further from the truth! Never more than 1500 miles on an oil change, always with full synthetic oil, it was Dura-Lubed at 10,000 and 35,000 and 60,000 miles. I paid 16K for it and I have 11K in stereo and security in it (including design time, install time and accessories, most of which I built with my own two hands). The car hasn't gone a week of it's life without being detailed inside and out by me personally, and never more than 6 months without it going to a Lexus dealership (where my brother works) for a complete off the truck detail by a Lexus detail guy. Those cars are in the junkyard for a reason... Mine isn't.
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2004 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
I know I mentioned contacting the dealership but I did some checking yesterday. Try contacting some of the Auto upolstery shops in your area. I was able to find 3 within a couple miles from where I work that would be able to order Mercedes (didn't know what type of car you had) fabric and carpet. Hope that helps...
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Factory Door Fabric - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic