icon

2002 Escape PATS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spudd1943 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2004 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2002 Escape with the Securi-lock Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS). I had to disconnect the battery the other day and after I hooked it back up the truck would not start with the key.  Luckily I have a remote starter and it would start that way.  When I put the key in the ignition and try to crank the engine the theft light blinks rapidly.  I have searched all over for information on this but have found nothing that says disconnecting the battery would affect the PATS.  I cant see taking it to a dealer to reset my security system everytime I need to disconnect the battery to perform some type of maintenance.

If anyone has any information about resetting the theft system, (without taking it to a dealer) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2004 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
 do you have 2 keys and did it do so with both ? try to just put the key in the ignition and turn it to on not start and leave it that way for 20 minutes the focus\escape have had some problems but that will usually fix it 
tj
spudd1943 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2004 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

It did happen with both keys.  Thanks for the post Ill give it a shot!

larkster 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2004 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  

Yah the escape is known for that... what i ended up doing is using a relay off the key sense wire to interupt the negative trigger input of the remote starter bypass.  what happens is during the time you put the key in the ignition and the remote starter is activated  the computer sees 2 keys and bumps one.... after doing this i havent had one come back yet.

If one of  your keys works and the other doesnt but the remote start works then try this:  remote start it.  shut it down then cycle the working key on to ignition until the theft light goes out then put the third key in and start it.... that should learn the key... if it doesnt work try it again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic