icon

1998 Dodge Avenger ES: How to

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
96300z 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2004 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

Hey, i've got my friend's 98 dodge avenger ES sitting here.  He's got the premium sound package w/ the front and rear speaks and the tweats in the dash.  When he bought the car the tweets were blown.  I'm going to replace them, however i cannot figure out how they come out.  I'd rather not guess around since its got the airbag thats right in my face and i'd rather not set it off.

Can you guys help me out? 

Thanks,

nollaz 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
its should be a round peice of plastic with two hinge type pieces bent out. so it should just pull out and the new ones should snap in.
yup
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 97' Stratus ES, I dont know if their simular as I've never been inside or worked on an Avenger before but if its anything like mine you'll have to take off the A-Columns, disassemble the side of the dash then take off the fore-dash panel. The tweeters are underneith that and have to be unscrewed and taken out. I dont know if the avenger is nearly that complicated or if this event pertains at all, but if it did then good if not then oh well at least I tried 1998 Dodge Avenger ES: How to -- posted image.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
djMINIoompa 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2004 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

Ok...gather up some tools...

One larger hammer or mallet

One tire iron or pry bar

One roll of duct tape

Ok, With the hammer, pound the pry bar into the tweeter holder. With some elbow grease and some force it should pop, snap or break free. Insert the new tweeter, connection the wires wit duct tape.  Mount the tweeter flush with the broke dash and place a smooth layer of duct tape over the dash for a nice, clean, shiny custom install.

It is better to remain queit and have others think u are dumb, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic