icon

Installation of mobile phone car kit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pbazely 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2004 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
I need a wiring diagram, or a wiring kit to install a Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth mobile phone car kit into my 2003 Nissan Maxima. Anybody help?
Paul Bazely
hafr 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2004 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

Try to call someone who represents the company, I am in NY and there is a factory rep here his name is Howard Blumburg and his # is 631-689-2728

good luck

Rich Hawthorne
Hands-Free installations
"don't talk with your hands full"
516-no-hands
pbazely 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2004 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, misunderstanding. I have the wiring diagram for the Parrot, what I don't have is a way of hooking it up to the Nissan. It seems that even the Nissan dealer won't touch it, and I would really like to hook up the "mute radio" wire and the front speakers, instead of the after-market speaker I was forced to install.
Paul Bazely
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
the radio has to havebmute function wire. go to a car audio
store. as for the hooking up to the front speakers, im not sure on that, of course in not an expert on speakers. but how much power does the cell phone kit push, but the a car audio place sholud be able to help.
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
I've installed cellphone car kits twice, my old car and current one. Neither car came with a mute connection, so I just added a relay to the power to the radio. When the mute wire got power, I put that to the relay that cut off power to the radio. Worked very well for me. It could be good for you too if you dont want to risk wiring to your Nissan (as you saisd the dealer won't try it either).
I tried pushing the speakeroutput to the front 2 doors and did a huge mistake. I put the wires in parallel (I must have really been drunk or really out of my mind) and when the sound came from the radio, it fried my Motorola Car kit that I purchased for just over 400 USD! I then did not use the speakers anymore with that mistake. I am sure you can do it but make sure you add more relays to make sure your radio voltate won't backfire into the phone kit. Other than that you're going to enjoy the system.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic