icon

Alpine Help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dontknow 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2004 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Guys, I have a few questions about my alpine setup...

cda-9833

mrd-m500 powering a 12" Type r (dual 4 ohm)

First Question... Is it really needed to run a 10g power wire for the head unit?

#2 I currently made a 0.7 cube sealed box for the sub would making a new box that is 1.0 make much of a diff or if you guys have another suggested size... I'm more SQ but a like it to loud sometimes :)

#3 Are there any suggested settings for this amp??

Thanks  for the help.

defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2004 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine Help -- posted image.all of them are suggested for different situations...
dontknow 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2004 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
What would be a good cut off freq for the sub... It's set at 80hz now is that good?
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2004 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

10 awg for the deck is not required, , , its a lil over kill.  I usually go with 12awg.

As for the sub box, the best overall box for that sub is around 1.25 cubic feet.  I reccomend setting the LP filter at 71hz, and the subsonic at 25hz.

On the deck, run the HP filter for your speakers at 125hz ,12db octave or higher,, , if you have factory speakers still.

After you got that all done be shure to set your gain on the mrd-m500, crank the sub boost on the deck to +15, turn your system up till the speakers start clipping, then turn it down a notch or 2, , run to the trunk and play with the gain on the mrd-m500 till the clipping light dosn't flicker at all, or just once in a while.    Its probably going to end up around -8 or so is close to the best.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
djMINIoompa 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2004 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

1st ?- yes run the 10 ga. wire

2nd-It will make a difference. You box now is too small and the sub might sound a little flat. If you make it bigger, you will get a better sound, therefore making it better SQ.

3rd-defective said it....."Alpine Help -- posted image.all of them are suggested for different situations..."  There are not suggested settings, and 80 hz should be fine, maybe go a tick lower, but thats right where it needs to be

It is better to remain queit and have others think u are dumb, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
dontknow 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2004 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help...  When setting up the amp. does it matter if the sub is pluged in?? Honestly I just dont want to blow anything :)

Alpine Guy wrote:

On the deck, run the HP filter for your speakers at 125hz ,12db octave or higher,, , if you have factory speakers still.

After you got that all done be shure to set your gain on the mrd-m500, crank the sub boost on the deck to +15, turn your system up till the speakers start clipping, then turn it down a notch or 2, , run to the trunk and play with the gain on the mrd-m500 till the clipping light dosn't flicker at all, or just once in a while.    Its probably going to end up around -8 or so is close to the best.

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2004 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
You need the sub connected to set everything. This way you can hear when the sub starts to clip, when setting your gain, and at what frequency to set your LP crossover at.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic