icon

2004 Honda Civic 2-dr stereo wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godfodder0901 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

I'm an idiot.  I cut the factory plug off the factory stereo during an aftermarket stereo install.  Now I have 14 wires going into a stereo with 11 wires.  Does anyone have a diagram that will tell me what all of the factory wires are for???

speedlover37 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
not to sound dumb here, but why don't you just solder the factory harness onto the factory wires, and then buy the metra adapter like i did?
speedlover37, '04 Civic Coupe, '02 Audi A4, '37 Chevy Pickup
Besprend 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

Here's a little tip for finding your lost loop of wiring scenario. Have a digital meter and set to DC. Always first check for constant, switch, and ground wire; also if vehicle is equiped with power antenna wire.

2nd, Set your meter to Ohm setting and look for resistance by selecting one wire at a time while your common lead stays clipped to one wire. A 3.7 to 4.3 ohm should be your proper resistance, however, not all vehicles equiped with factory speakers can be at a 4 ohm load. Once you locate resistance, have a 9 volt battery and pop those speakers. Though, using a 9 volt battery is not the proper way of finding speakers, please take extra precautions. Other option is to pop those door/ speaker panels and seek for that wire colors. Have fun.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic