icon

Tundra Pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2004 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

Finally started working on the box for my Tundra, its not finished yet, but here is a link to some pix  =).

Problem = not really too much room in a Tundra for an enclosure, so did a little modification to fit a single ID MAX DV4.3

pix

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2004 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
lol.. you cut a hole in the floor.  More balls than me, my friend.  The truck looks great, that should be a rocking setup.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2004 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

Done like a true die-hard should........wahoo!

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

Really interesting, thanks for the post, always a new option for die hard music lovers!!

By the way, good job, that looks really good.

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2004 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

Did you leave the metal as is inside, or did you put some sound dampening of some kind??  Kuz metal tends to sound pretty crappy on its own when used as an enclosure, ,  usually people will lay some fiberglass, or sound dampening and such.     But if it sounds good don't worry bouter.

Good job man!

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Looks like fiberglass to me
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
lensam69 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
As a general rule of thumb i don't do anything to my car that compromises its structural integrity.
If it works for you good. And yeah, you should definetly apply some dampner to that enclosure...
forbidden wrote:
Wrong advice young grasshopper, go back to square one and do not pass go.
One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  

I fiberglassed the inside of the metal enclosure about 7 layers  =), then I  dampened the outside in cab portion when I did my entire vehicle, and underneath the cab after many layers of primer, I used several layers of undercoating and spray on dampner.  I don't believe that any of the body strength integrity was compromised, a lot of planning went into this =).  I'll post up some more pics as soon as I DL them off of my camera, then again some more as soon as I finish up.

I drove around for a little over a week with that hole cut into the floor, I used a sheet of cardboard to cover it so nothing would fall through, during this week I really wondered why the heck I had done this, but now its all good __

Thanks,

~Jay

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic