icon

Stock switches

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtamburro 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a switch panel for a 92 camry.  I am a firefighter, and have a couple toggle switches for my emergency lights.  I would really like to make it look stock in one of the factory "holes" because I'm going in for inspection soon.

I wish I could expain what I'm looking for a little better.  I hope some one knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Matt

mtamburro 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

Now I remember what Im looking for

Switches for the factory "knockouts"

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2004 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Head to the auto wreckers and find some old Toyota vehicles. Most of these factory switches and knock out panels were all the same size. A simple fog light switch would work fine for this application as long as the switch is energizing a relay to operate your emergency lights. You do not want to run a whole pile of current through these switches or you will find yourself in need of the services you offer to others.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
mtamburro 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Rob

What I ended up by doing is taking out the knockout and drilling a couple holes in it.  Then I just put a couple rat shack toggle switches in it. 

maglin 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

*reiterates rob's warning*

you can burn up a switch, definately if you have all sorts of equipment that that switch turns on... the application isn't that hard to install a relay.  There's a section on relays somewhere on this site... the switch should turn on the relay, which in turn would close the circuit for those lights of yours.

~~Da

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic