icon

Sunroof roll-up 98 4Runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phunboy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a window module on the sunroof of a 98 4Runner, and when it closes, it also vents the sunroof up.
Does anyone know how I can disable the tilt feature as the power window module cannot determine when the sunroof is 'closed' and continues to tilt up. Thanks!!!
phunboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
Hmmm? This technical question seems to stump everyone since no one has responded.
How about this.... Has anyone come across a Toyota or Lexus doing a sunroof rollup with the same close and then vent up result? I just need it to close!!! I don't want the vent up feature!!
A few years ago, I worked on an SC400 and the sunroof would roll up then vent. I just abandoned the functionality altogether.
Help anyone??
spl-Hz 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
I have not done a Toyota or Lexus, but have my own ford. It has a 4way sunroof with 2way switch. I used a Twindow TS-1A  sunroof control, made by Micro Sciences.
phunboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply spl-Hz, but Toyota has unique limit switch which window modules typically cannot detect and therefore stop.
I'm familiar with Twindows, DEI, SmartWindows, AWACs, I've used them all.
It's just Toyota makes a funky sunroof switch that I cannot seem to make work. There's gotta be a way!!
phunboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply spl-Hz, but Toyota has unique limit switch which window modules typically cannot detect and therefore stop.
I'm familiar with Twindows, DEI, SmartWindows, AWACs, I've used them all.
It's just Toyota makes a funky sunroof switch that I cannot seem to make work. There's gotta be a way!!
tyger23 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
If it has a limit switch, then use the signal from that switch to control a relay that shuts off the roll up module.
utc13 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
phunboy,
I had the same problem with my GM sunroof. See my post and solution from last year...
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=18150&KW=utc13&PN=0&tpn=1
I don't know if your Toyota works the same way but I'm sure the post will start you in the right direction.
brivalen 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  

i had the exact same problem with my 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee, i installed a magnetic reed switch on the front of the sunroof to let the module know when the roof is already closed, hence so that the module wont vent the glass. Was a pain in the ass but i exentuaally got it to work and had to use the diagram for a normally open kill switch, or closed i forget.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic