icon

Ok what did I do wrong?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sithskater 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I'm new to the whole installing car stereos and electronics part of cars but my work car's cd player got ripped off so I bought a new one and installed it. I checked this sites wiring info and some of the wires(speakers) didnt match up, but through trial and error I got em working. Then when it came to power it wouldnt work. I had to put the constant and switch wires from the cd player on just the switched wire to get it to turn on. Nothign happens is I do constant to constant switched to switched or the otehr way around or any other possibility. Whats going on here? It works and plays fine but doesnt save any of my presets or turn on when my car turns on? please help.
LqDFx 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Did you check the fuse under the dash? Maybe when they took the radio they blew the fuse?
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
you'll want to have the constant connected to constant. The switch is just a remote turn on for the CD player, the constant allows the memory to save. LqDFx has a good point with checking the fuse for the power. If thats blown that would explain why it will not turn on with the power but will with the switched connection.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
sithskater 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
yep you guys were right, was a elec fuse worked perfect as soon as I switched the fuse and the wires. Thanks a bunch.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic