My latest box, 56k maybe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Silverciv 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  

my box for the xb I have:

This box is still a work in progress...the skeleton of the box is made up of 1/4" mdf to save some weight...I have 10 layers of 4oz f/g on the back and 9 layers of 4 oz on the top...the next step for me will be making the speaker rings and doing a mock up water displacement test so I can figure out how long I have to make the slot port(im hoping that the box will be about 5.5cuft) then the front of the box will get 10 layers of the 4oz f/g and then I will be adding about 5 more layers to each wall with 18 or 20 oz cloth to reinforce it plus 2 layers on the exterior of the box
My latest box, 56k maybe - Last Post -- posted image.
My latest box, 56k maybe - Last Post -- posted image.

speakers going in this box is 12" dayton dvcs...the port will be tuned to around 26 or 27hz...the nice thing about these is i only have to run a 600w amp to get them to pound...plus the ports air velocity will be about 13m/s so there won't be much port noise at all

xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
very nice, I like the custom contore to the wheel welds. Does it just pop into your car or is it one of those boxes thats a real pain to wiggle in side to side My latest box, 56k maybe - Last Post -- posted image.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
Silverciv 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  

I have to kinda fanagle it to drop in but I put some carpet padding in the wheel well area and flip the back seats up and the box is locked into place...I'm Pertty pleased with the out come so far just my only problem would be the walss are flexing alittle more than expected

xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
humm, well more layers of FG can solve that My latest box, 56k maybe - Last Post -- posted image.
One thing though that I do notice that might be causing the flexing is that ur using that really thin 1/4" MDF.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

You should use 3/4" MDF at least. If you put fiberglass on the 1/4" MDF it will help a little bit, but since fiberglass is stronger when curved so thicker MDF would be a better choice.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic