Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SpecV43 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
Hi hows everyone today? Good i hope.
Component Speakers -- posted image.
I would like to know if someone can help me with picking some Component speakers. Im not looking for my wallet to be empty, but looking for good SQ im goin to be powering them wit a old PG 800W 4 channel amp... So here is what im thinking. I can get a good deal on Pioneer Components. These: http://pioneerusa.com/pna/product/d...7_35027,00.html
Ive had Pioneer speakers in the past and they work and sounded good. But i also am thinking of MB Quarts Premium Series. A friend on mine has them and they sound clear and nice. But i cant get a good deal on these.. And a lot of people have been telling me to go wit CDT but i never heard of them b4......So i dont know what to do. I can get 2 sets of pioneer's for 250.00 (Total the ones up there). What im not looking to go over is 300 for 2 sets...Now can someone give me there imput on these or can someone give me there input on another brand for Loud,Clear,and good SQ sounds and not goin over 300.00 for 2 sets???..Ohh just so you know my HU is the Pioneer DEH-P860P...
Thanks
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

Skip the 2 sets and put the money into one good set.  You'll be much happier unless you're looking to play dvd's or something. 

Many folks, including myself, don't run rear speakers.  In my opinion, unless done right, rear speakers kill the front stage and harm SQ by throwing more variables into the frequency curve.

Put that $300 into one set and focus on a quality installation up front. 

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Headshot 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
I am in love with my Kenwood Excelon 6.5 components, for front,(under $200 on eBay), but I would get Focals if they fit in my Xterra!
They are the best home loudspeaker in the world, and have won a lot of awards for car, but they are very expensive.
"Find a profession you love, and you'll never have to work another day in your life."
-Confucious
SpecV43 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:

Skip the 2 sets and put the money into one good set.  You'll be much happier unless you're looking to play dvd's or something. 

Many folks, including myself, don't run rear speakers.  In my opinion, unless done right, rear speakers kill the front stage and harm SQ by throwing more variables into the frequency curve.

Put that $300 into one set and focus on a quality installation up front. 

Yea i was thinking of not filling in the rears but i want SS..and i heard them im the same car as mine and i didnt like that way they sounded...Yes i could do it and get just get use to it...but i dunno...im think of olny getting one pair of HD and putting some CL-6x coax for the rear but i dunno if they'll sound right with a higher quality up front...Im not going to enter any comp with it just want it to be loud and clear...u know but i cant seem to decide 

SpecV43 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

Headshot wrote:
I am in love with my Kenwood Excelon 6.5 components, for front,(under $200 on eBay), but I would get Focals if they fit in my Xterra!
They are the best home loudspeaker in the world, and have won a lot of awards for car, but they are very expensive.

Yea i was thinking about focals at first cause a friend on mine has them. Then after i started shopping around for them NO WAY.....There good but just like you said to much $$$$$$$$$ the set i was looking at was i think 2 gs.....

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
Parts Express has a good price on last year's model lower end Blaupunkt components.  These sound pretty good (much better than Pioneer or Kenwood in my opinion) and are in your price range.  But the best thing you could possibly do is go to a shop and listen to several sets, buying the ones that sound best to your ears.
Support the12volt.com
SpecV43 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Parts Express has a good price on last year's model lower end Blaupunkt components.  These sound pretty good (much better than Pioneer or Kenwood in my opinion) and are in your price range.  But the best thing you could possibly do is go to a shop and listen to several sets, buying the ones that sound best to your ears.

None of the shops around here have CDT or MB Quarts (well MB they do but not the set im looking at and i heard the MB already)  So i really dont have anything to go on with the CDT

NINsane18 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2004 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
I second DYohn, I had a Blaupunkt component set in my Jeep and it sounded awesome with 65w going to each. The price on them is very reasonable, and Blaupunkt products seem to hold up very well.
Tim-May!
SpecV43 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2004 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic