icon

2004 Ford Explorer sunroof

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hrdottawa 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2004 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking at purchasing a Valet 554R, I have no problems with the basic instalation. But I would like to know if there is any way to remotly close my sunroof, I tend to leave it open and I would like the option of closing it from inside the house if it starts to rains.

Thanks Brian.

spl-Hz 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2004 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 01 explorer sport trac with 4 way sunroof  2 way switch. I used a product  called twindow TS-1A.With this unit you can use ing. on close input,so when its turned off it see ground and closes automaticly. But the unit is made for pos. switchs so I had to change it to neg. with relays. I also used the up input to vent the sunroof. It works grate. This unit has a memory so it knows  were the roof last stopped. I could have any output on my alarm to closr it but I still kept forgeting to always close it. So ing.off ,automatic close I like best.  good luck.

jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
Be sure you use a module made for a sunroof and not a power window. There are differences between the two so be carefull on selecting the proper one.
MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
spl-Hz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
it is
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
I just wanted it to be a FYI because I have seen plenty of expensive mistakes before. If it helps 1 person who reads this post it is worth it!
MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
hrdottawa 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2004 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

spl-Hz,

The power Sunroof switch sounds the same, can you tell me where you got your twindow TS-1A module from.

I have tried doing a quick search in Google with no luck.

Thanks BrianT, Ottawa. Canada.

spl-Hz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2004 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

I got it from a wholesale outfit Calif. Micro Alarm,if your not a reseller call some of the local shops. The manufactor is Micro Sceinces aiso  in Calif.  Model  # TS-1A

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic