icon

Protecting a 1966 Mustang

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
masterrh 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2004 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  

Hello, I am new to the car alarm industry and am trying feverishly to research and find an alarm that I think would be right for me and my car.  Unfortunately, although I have researched this forum, and carsound.com, I am left somewhat confused as basically almost every model I have looked at has recommendations from some authors, but complaints from others.  Overall, it seems DEI is the leader, but many of their alarms aren't available offline or ebay (unless I am just not looking hard enough) and I want to install this myself.  I have installed four sound systems, although I know they aren't the same, I am 20 years old so I have to time and devotion to put into installing an alarm.  I figure with the limited wires on my stang and the schematics I have for the car it wouldn't be TOO complicated to install.

At first I was really leaning towards compustar 2wss because of the range, but I've realized i'm rarely ever over a 1/2 mile away from my car and if I am farther, it would be very hard for me to run there in time (leaving in the middle of college class) to do something about my pager going off. 

Anyone have any suggestions/ sites to purchase alarms from (or other forums to do research on?).  The basic features I am looking for are:

SOLID 1/4 -1/2 mile range

reliability

prewarning chirps

hood and door open sensors that notify my pager

starter kill

Any comments or suggestions are always appreciated.  Thanks.

Ryan

www.cardomain.com/id/r3dfive  <----my car

jc18750 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2004 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
i can get you an alarm with (2) 2-way pager remotes, FM code hopping, 1/2- 1/4 mile range, remote start , blah blah blah and everything else that you want/ could need. I have installed about 13 of them and own 2. they are relighable and have durable remotes. that's harder to find when you have lcd remotes. i can get you one for about $150. NEW IN BOX. write me an email questions@mycustomcar.com and i'll give you my direct phone number. i can help you with install if you need that as well.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic