icon

Viper 790xv in 1996 Explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gumby_55 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I used to have a crimestopper installed in my 96' Explorer and It had problems with the door triggers, the alarm wouldn't go off when the door was opened but would go off when it was closed. I don't know if I wired it wrong or if it was the alarm. Anyway, I just bought a Viper 790xv and I was wondering if the door trigger wires from the alarm could be hooked up to the dome light so the alarm would go off if the dome light comes on. Which would be great because the dome light comes on even even if the door handle is pulled while the door is locked and would also protect the window on the back hatch from being opened. Thanks for any help.
You need only two tools.WD-40 and duct tape.If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.
Can't fix it, get a hammer. Still can't fix it, get a bigger one
tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
the old alarm had to have the negativr door trigers hooked up you need to use the positive input (violet)  this will fix your problem the dome wire is black\blue
tj
gumby_55 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
so I need to hook up the positive input to the dome wire?
You need only two tools.WD-40 and duct tape.If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.
Can't fix it, get a hammer. Still can't fix it, get a bigger one

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic