icon

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Door Locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asemt 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2004 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

When using a 451M on the door locks for a 2001 dodge ram 1500 which diode do i use i lost the paper that comes with the set, or do i use any at all? 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Door Locks -- posted image.                                              Thanks!! great site!!!!!!!!

eurotech 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
Depending on whether or not the truck origionally had keyless entry, the lock wire may be a five wire (reverse polarity) setup.  If you are using a 451m  you should not need any resistors or diodes to get the locks working.  I would find the unlock wire and cut it, then connect the BROWN / black from the 451m to the switch side of that wire.  (the side of the wire that reads 12v when you hit the unlock with the switch).  The blue/black (451m)gets connected to the other side of the pink/purple wire (from the truck).  Then I would locate the lock wire, and with a 1amp fuse in line, i would feed 12v into the ORANGE / purple (lock) wire.  if it locks...just hook up the GREEN/ black wire to that wire without cutting it...if not, its reversing polarity and you will have to cut it like you did the unlock wire.  Then connect the WHITE/ black wire (451m) to the switch side of the cut ORANGE / purple (truck) wire.  connect the GREEN/ blk wire to the other side of the ORANGE / purple and then put 12v constant to the two purple wires coming out of the 451m.  make sure all of your fuses are good...and you locks should work fine...assuming that the small guage green and blue wires are connected correctly at the brain.
eurotech 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  

reverse polarity locks are gun!

eurotech 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  
I mean fun!!2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Door Locks -- posted image.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
They are fun but the 451M is a great product... I'm glad DEI made it.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic