Clifford Concept 200 Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jechilt 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  

Finally!!!

I am preparing to install a new Clifford Concept 200 in my 94 Saab.  The factory and aftermarket alarms have been removed by the previous owner so the new install should be straight forward.

I hot the concept 200 install manual and now have a question because I dare not make a mistake and blow the car up!

For the Door Trigger/Interior Light Supply, the manual says, "Please refer to the Door Trigger & Interior Light Supply section in this binder for information on polarity testing and connections.

OK, I don't have this section because I don't have the binder.  Can anyone provide this section with a link or something???

Kind Regards,

john

naughtydog 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
The grey wire is for the door trigger. It should be negetaive trigger on that vehicle. This is the default so just hook up the grey wire to the switched negative of the interior light.
Hope this helps
Nick
jechilt 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

ok...thanks for the info.

got another question...there is a yellow wire that is for auxilary (shows example with an air horn).  The diagram shows this yellow wire as yellow (-)

does this mean it is a negative feed and not a positive?  i have to mini piezo sirens that i want to hook to this wire and not sure which lead of the siren to put the yellow wire.  just want to make sure i do this right...

thanks!

jechilt 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  

one other thing....there are two brown wires for the parking lights.

can i use only one or do they both need to be connected?  if both, can they be connected to the same source?

thanks!

jechilt 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

i really wish i could edit...so i don't have to keep posting but.....question:

instead of connecting the brown wires to the parking lights, can i connect them to the blinkers (ie, hazard lights).

i ask because i rather have the blinkers flash than the headlights and tailight...

scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

you can connect the brown wires to blinkers, if you do you will connect one brown to the left circuit and one to the right.  Yes both need to be connected, if you are connecting it to a single circuit then just connect them together. The yellow wire will work for a piezo siren it is a negative output and I suggest changing that wire to constant as it is factory set on pulsed.  There is also a brown\red wire associated with interior light circuit, if you are using a negative trigger that wire must be grounded, If you don't connect it properly the system will false and dome light supervision will not work..  This wire determines door trigger polarity.

Jeremy

jechilt 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for the info.

i know i should know this but i am braindumping and just cant recall.

for the yellow wire, it is a negative output.  I connect the yellow wire to the negative on the siren and then connect the positive lead  of the siren to (+) 12 V DC.

thanks!!!

John

jechilt 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

thanks to everyone that provided input.

the alarm is now installed and not fires or blown fuses.  tomorrow will program the brain.  sure wish i had the device to do this with my laptop but manual is good enough for now.

thanks!!!

John

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic