icon

2002 Cavalier Stereo Wiring Diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
b-unit 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Where do you recommend i get the 12 acc from?
whelck 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
b-unit wrote:
Where do you recommend i get the 12 acc from?
the best place is right after the fuse box. If you look at your fuses, one will be labeled ACC; you can splice into that after the fuse (this would be the safest way).
The new cavy's (and a lot of GMs) are controlled via a class 2 data bus (google it for more info). If you're ever looking at replacing your factory head unit, you'll have to grab ACC power from somewhere else. You'll also lose certain functions (door chime, warning lights, some other stuff). You can avoid it by buying a product from http://peripheralelectronics.com called GMCO.
A little more info that requested, but it never hurts.
slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2004 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

in the back of the radio, there should be 2 yellows.....one of them is ACC. Test that wire with a testlight.

if you have no testlight.....go to the ignition switch and get the orange wire.....that is the ACC

Later

Slicksam

b-unit 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2004 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

the best place is right after the fuse box. If you look at your fuses, one will be labeled ACC; you can splice into that after the fuse (this would be the safest way).......

I there is no ACC fuse, there's an APO fuse ( accessary power outlet) and a PWR ACC (power door locks)  which are both constant 12 volts, how do i get the switch 12 volts.

whelck 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2004 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
b-unit wrote:

the best place is right after the fuse box. If you look at your fuses, one will be labeled ACC; you can splice into that after the fuse (this would be the safest way).......

I there is no ACC fuse, there's an APO fuse ( accessary power outlet) and a PWR ACC (power door locks) which are both constant 12 volts, how do i get the switch 12 volts.

no ACC fuse? then I guess to get switched 12volt, I'd turn on acc and then start testing lines to see which it is.
hotwire77 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
get a fuse holder and connect one end to your acc wire on your ignition harness and the other to your remote turn on wire.i would probably use a 3 amp fuse. in a GM acc at the ignition harness is almost always orange use a DMM to test to make sure you got acc it should be about a 12 ga.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic