icon

siren wont turn off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heschlie 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
ok so heres the deal i hooked up my magicar fai-8100 to my 91 s-10 and everything was good, i cut my siren wire while doing the installas to not make alot of noise, and when i was done and all seemed to work i hooked up my siren and it wont turn off, i do everything and the unit lock the doors and unlocks them and the lights flash when i arm/disarm but the damn thing wont stop blaring! so im lost and would like some help if anyone knows what might be the problem any help would be nice.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
its possible the unit is defective.   Im shure you double checked to be shure that the wire your useing is in deed the siren wire.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
heschlie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
yea i checked more than once, if the unit is defective this is the second alarm i got that got screwed up, not from the same person or same alarm even, this isnt cool, but i dont understand why did it work fine before, but the just randomly stop working and just blare out? well im gonna do some more research.
heschlie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
so i looked around some and none seems to have had my problem, its still putting out 12v to the siren output and ive tried arming it, disarming it, unpluging it, is it possible that the unit has a safety thing that if its plugged in and unplugged to many times this could happen? i opened the brain and theres no visible problems with the unit and well im very confused, everything else still works fine, it arms, disarms, my remote alerts me when its going off, and says whats going on with it, so this is the only problem. but why is it doing this?
heschlie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
ok probobly my last post for the night, i looked and tried and looked some more and i think the unit may be bad, im still looking for help so please if you know anything then let me know and fast i need my car for work tomorrow afternoon and dont want to have to pull out everything and redo it.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
I know sometimes when you have a bad ground a siren will sound very quietly, and keep going contantly. Make sure your ground is good.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
heschlie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
ok well i took out the unit, and checked it out last night, it could be a bad ground but i hooked it up to a ac to dc converter and i believe that has a good enough ground for it and the siren was still going, but let me try and put it back togather and well see.
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2004 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
I noticed before i had a remote that the buttons actually became stuck and was makin the car keep unlockin the doors.   Sounds like a long shot, but maybe it happened to you also??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic