icon

cap will not turn off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redline_etc 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

I have a lanzar 1.2 farad cap I just installed it and charged it to 14 volts what the output of my car is at idle well I turn my car off deck and everything and I'll leave my car for 3 hours but my cap is still on is it not supposed to turn off itself ?

redline_etc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
model # is LQ12CAP
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
The remote lead should be connected to a switched source to turn off the display.  Is it set up according to its instructions?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
redline_etc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
yes there is no spot ot put a remote lead
davids2004 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  

Mine would do that until it complety discharged itself. 

Take it to a shop and see what they say.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
Then it's only drawing the power to light the LED's when the car is off.  The cap won't discharge below the battery level.  It's inline with the battery, and just stores some power.  So it will continually recharge to the level of the battery.  If the instructions don't specifically tell you that the display should go off, then you shouldn't have to worry about it.  If your battery goes dead while the car is off, I would suspect a wiring problem.  Check with the dealer who sold you the Lanzar crap, oops I meant cap, or contact the company to verify that it is connected right.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

HAHAHA cap will not turn off -- posted image.HAHAa

Trying changing the cap to see if the problem still occurs!

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Don't waste your time. If it doesn't shut it self off in less than 5 minute it's most likely defective. Bring it back and get a new one. Done loss of cap before and sometime you do get one that doesn't shut it self off.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.cap will not turn off -- posted image.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Are you saying there is a voltage display on the top of the cap that wont turn off or are you saying that you are testing the cap and it still is charged after 3 hours. If thats what you are saying than all I can say is I hope it is still charged. Thats the purpose of a cap. In that sense it works like a battery and will hold a charge while the cars off, just like the battery. It discharges and recharges like 3 times a second or something like that. Now if it has a digital display thats not turning off and there is no remote line than mabye the damn thing just doesnt turn off. It would be stupid but if there is no remote line than its not defective, just stupid. There must be something to tell the cap to turn the display off and if the only wires going to the cap are the power and ground than there is no way for the cap to know whether the car is on or off, hence the cap always being wrong. I hope this helps some.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
archemedes 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
what do the instructions say about the display anything? before assuming the cap is defective check to be sure it's supposed to do what you want it to do
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic