icon

siren problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heschlie 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
ok so i believe i broke my siren output, its constantly on, so i wanted to know, could i hook up the siren to the headlights output with a momentary to constant relay setup and have it still go off when the alarm is set off, and have the siren also plugged up to the pre warning input on the sensors so that when its prewarned it sounds for like a second then stops? is this possible or should i think of getting another unit?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
i would recommend either repairing the module or replacing it. First determine why it fried and fix the problem before frying another unit. The pulse duration of a dedicated siren output is much shorter than any other output. The siren won't chirp with arm/disarm correctly. You would also have to isolate the connections so that the siren wouldn't sound with the lights being turned on.
sparky
heschlie 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
i looked at the unit and i cant find any visible defects in the circuit board, all my wiring is correct and everything else works fine, im wondering if while the siren was going off one time if the siren wire touched a ground would it short something? i have a fai-8100 does anyone know if this has happend beofre and is it possible to fix it or should i just request another brain?
TownAndcountry 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Get another brain

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic