96 Explorer HU trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boomin_fool 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

I also posted this in the vechicle information section

Hello everyone Im knew here and I have a wire diagram question!

Does anyone know what color the stock wires for the speakers in the 96 explorer are? The reason I ask is because I installed a HU and when I play any music just minor crackles come out of the speakers and thats with the volume all the way up. Now when I wiggle the 16pin connector that has the speaker wires in it some of the speakers will kick in, so Im supposing the connector is bad and I just want to cut the wires out behind the connector and wire them stright to the whip on the HU. Thanks alot for the help!

foltzy 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
try bypassing the plug..
boomin_fool 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

yeah thats what I want to do but im trying to find out the stock colors for the wires, and Im having one heck of a time doing it96 Explorer HU trouble - Last Post -- posted image.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  

The connector or the pins.  You can look at the connector and see if the connections look bad.  They should stay pretty good.  Is there any movement of the pins, if you prod them with your thumb?  If the pins are rigid, then they are probably alright.  You could set up a 9 volt battery test to find the speakers, by using the connector.  Rig up wires with alligator clips on one end to connect to the pos and neg of the  9 v battery.  With probes (or pins) at the other end, touch two wire connections with both probes until you hear one speaker crackle.  Then you have found the two wires for that speaker.  With a helper looking at the speaker, touch the probes until you find polarity...the speaker will move outward, toward you, when you are touching pos to pos and neg to neg.  The wires for pos and neg of each speaker may be right next to each other at the connector, so try it like that first.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

is it a green plug or what??... if so just rewire the car... imo its better that way if u have an aftermarket deck... b/c u might as well be using the factory deck otherwise b/c its still running through the factory amp which makes em crap.. it made my kappas crap out so irewired it last nite... its not to to hard except the front left speaker b/c its got something weird on it and i couldnt figure out how 2 get wires through so i tapped into the wire for the speakers inside the car

boomin_fool 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2004 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
Yeha the plug is green. im just trying to get the bare minimum done. I gotta drive from Colorado to Ny which is where my whole system is siting awaiting my arrival96 Explorer HU trouble - Last Post -- posted image. I was reading some posts at explorerforum and I think I just need to get a bypass for the factory amp then it will work for the time being.
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2004 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
have fun getting to the factory amp... took me a good while...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic