icon

howdy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xxxvectra 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  

hello I'm from the UK, i was just having a look around the US car audio sites to see any differences in our systems. It seems like all you guys use is JL... am i right?

btw, i have an R.E. 18" XXX  in a ported box tuned to 35hz.

;)

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
naw... some of us use REAL gear, like Eclipse! LOL
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
But it is true that we all wear cowboy hats and say Howdy!     ;)
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
xxxvectra 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  

and you all sound the same :)

but seriously, what stuff have you got in your cars?

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
Some people put their install pics on the SoundDomain site.  It'll probably give you a general idea of some of the brands used.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
My system as it stands right now is as such:
2001 Honda Civic LX
Eclipse 8051 E8 deck
(Soon) AltoMobile UCSPro for front channels and Subwoofer equalization and time alignment.
Eclipse 3122 driving Infinity emit Kappa tweeters 55w X 2
Eclipse 32440 driving Eclipse 89940 Point source 6X9's 120w X 4, bi-wired, bi-amped (this amp will still run in four channel mode, two channels to the Vifa 3 inch mids in the doors, and the 6X9's in the deck are going bye-bye, in favor of a Seas or Dayton 7 inch mid-bass on the other two channels.)
Eclipse 34230 driving Morel MW-162 6" midbass in doors 550w X 2
Eclipse DA7122 driving Eclipse SW9122 12" Titanium sub 1000w X 2
165A alternator from www.4alterstart.com
RedTop Optima 12v under the hood
2 RedTop Optima 6v in trunk, one each side wired in series
2 Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad caps on custom hand built power bars
There is my system as it stands right now... what else you got in your car besides the XXX?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
xxxvectra 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  

the box doesn't leave much room for anything else lol....

it's powered by a Hifonics Brutus 1500D (a Septic amp i think)

I have front pioneer coaxials

front 6x9s (don't ask)

a 5 band EQ

A goodmans "deck" as you lads call it

some rear JBL components.

It's all about the bass for me :D the rest is all bargain stuff.

defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
i use Alpine, always have always will....  Never had good experiences with JL.   Back in the day, everybodyhad a JL system in their IROC....... things have changed as we all search for quality.
xxxvectra 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
but why is/was JL so popular?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Uh dudes, We more distinguished Canadians scream HOWS IT GOIN EH! We also use Eclipse among other great brands, JL is great for the right application but one size does not fit all. If a manufacturer makes a great product that does the job right for the application that is all that matters. Forum to forum has different brands of the week, month, year or car for that matter. What really matters though is not what the forum survey says, but is it the right piece of equipment for you.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic