icon

best way to wire RF dvc 12 with 4 ch amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nychris2004 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
k i have a RF 12" Dual 4"om voice coil 100watts max/500 watts rms and i have a rampage amp610 500 watt 4 channel 2 ohm stable amp. now whats the best way i should wire this speaker up to get best power and performance from the amp using whatever channels i have to? i want to do this tonight so ill be waiting for responses.. and could i actually get like a real explanation, not parralel or series or bridged but actually steps for doing this please?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2004 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
well chris, you have a sh*tty situation on your hands. There is not Ideal way to wire this up. The amp is only 2 ohm stereo stable not mono so you cant just use two channels and bridge. You could use two channels and run in stereo but it would probally only givee you about 50 watts a side, not near enough power. The only solution for you that I see, short of buying a new amp, is take the positive lead off of coil one and connect to the positive of channel 1 on the amp, then take the negative off the same coil and connect to the negative on channel two. Then take the positive off the second voice coil and run it to the positve on channel 3 and then take the negative and run it to the negaitve on channel 4. You got all that. Ok now the tricky part is you must set your gains exactly the same and I am guessing you wont have the right equipment to do this so............ I usually dont suggest this since gains are used for level matching and not volume but in your case I think I would just pin the gains right to the max. Also if you have any other settings like crossovers and bass boost and what not make sure they are set the exact same as well but DO NOT PIN THEM. Esspecially the crossover. This is a tricky set up but you dont have a lot of choice, like I said before, without buying a new amp all together.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
nychris2004 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2004 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
well i should still set them both to low-pass right?...and what frequency should i put them to?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic