icon

Crimestopper Remotes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ixj159 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

Hi we install about 3000 car starters a year, and crimerstopper is one of them... just curious if everyone else in the world is contantly hagged by there sh*tty remotes. we get at least one person a day who needs new remotes b/c they are garbage.  Anybody comments?

Eric.

gumby_55 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2004 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
I've owned two crimestopper alarms. One of the Gargoyle's and the cs-2015fm. The Gargoyle had problems with the remote so I replaced it with the 2015 and it had MORE problems. I will never buy Crimestopper again!
You need only two tools.WD-40 and duct tape.If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.
Can't fix it, get a hammer. Still can't fix it, get a bigger one
tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2004 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
i am a crimestopper dealer also and the remotes are the only real flaw that they seem to have the only good thing is that they will keep warranty on them so i keep a few in stock and just replace them and they send new ones to me for replacements
tj
sync 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2004 at 4:27 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I have a crimestopper alarm in one car and a viper in the other. I never had a problem with the crimestopper . I have had to replace the viper remote twice over a 4 year period.  I think it's the connection where the battery connects. Try cleaning the battery connector with a pencil eraser sometimes that will fix it.

sync

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic