the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

valet 554R would not start mercedes 300SD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ssh2533 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  

I had installed this system in my 1985 Mercedes 190E. The system worked without any issues. After the car died, I removed the system to install in my brother's 1987 Mercedes 300SDL (Diesel).

The door lock works, security works, but the car wont start. The car starts with the key. The car also has factory alarm. However, the factory alarm is switched off when the door locks are open. The remote still wont start the car. When I try to start with the remote, everything turns on for about 2 to 3 seconds then switches off. The remote tries 3 times but same issue. If I connect the glow plug light, the remote shuts off within a second. I checked power supply on as many wires on the remote module. Everything seems to be in right order. I even tried after disconnecting the factory module. Same issue, but the car still starts with the key!

I would be greatfull if someone can help.

Thank you in advance.

mb
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
you've probably gotten the right ignition wires, since you say that everything turns on. but did you get the right starter wire? can you hot wire start your car with those wires that you've selected? if not, then keep looking for the right starter wire(s). i doubt this will be the case, but will the car remote start with the key in the ignition (not necessarily turned on)?
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like a tach issue....did you learn tach on this vehicle?
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
03hemi 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

I've got the same issue with an Ungo sr5000 (same system) on a 2003 Dodge Ram.  Remote start cycles through, but starter does not turn.  Start it with a key, activate remote start, remove the key and it dies as soon as the key is turned to "off".  Will not remote start regardless of key position. 

Maybe we have the same problem?  Good Luck!

-Rick

ssh2533 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you for the fast response.

The starter wire is violet color. This wire is same as in the 190E. I also checked voltage at the starter when the remote was trying to start. I could see the digits of the multimeter jump upto 12 for a short moment.

As for the tech, I connected it to the tech meter wire behind the instrument cluster (same as I did in 190E). This has aout 5.6 Volts when the engine is running at idle. I confirmed this at the remote module too.

I think the remote module may need resetting! It was installed in a different vehicle and i am not sure if the module need to learn about this new vehicle?

Again, I like to thank you in advance.

mb
03hemi 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  

I found my issue, there was another wire that need 12v during the start process.  Try to find wiring charts for your specific yr/model and check the ignition wires.  My guess is this newer Mercedes has another ignition wire that wasn't on the older car.

Good luck!

-Rick

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic