icon

lightbulb! box and back seat idea

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2004 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  

Jaason2004 just posted about wanting a sliding box into the back seat, thought that was kinda weird, but then i struck an idea.  

what if the box WAS the back seat back.  let me demonstrate.

If the seat back was attached to the box itself. Then the entire box and back seat would be on linear actuators (figure A), when fully closed, it would be the backwall of the trunk.

lightbulb! box and back seat idea -- posted image.

Then when actuated, would use a sliding track along figure A. This would bring the box forward towards the driver and leave it in THIS posistion.

lightbulb! box and back seat idea -- posted image.

that could then expose a flush floor, maybe some plexi, but perfectly flat so the box just clears it.

And the cool factor:   The actuators could be triggered by the trunk opening and closing (with override switch  of course).

maybe a touch of stainless laminate could make this a pretty serious project...... oh no here we go again.  

b.t.w: i just used a convertable of demonstration purposes, i think it would look like ass in a convertable.

pimpgtivr6 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
thats quite an idea. before i try it (NO JOKE)..is it ok if i steal this idea..cause i have a VW Cabrio im about to start on. I'll post pics in a few hours
Nick
r0yal 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
I dun get it... so, its going to be BEHIND the seat, and then when you turn it on, the back seats fold down, and then the sub box slide up ? lol
r0yal 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
ok, no I read it again, the seat ifself is attached to the box... ok, so the whole seat will slide up then? and reveal a sub box ?
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
wow, D, that would be freak'n sweet. I've seen some tight actuator stuff, like this guy who had a hidden box that would flip up to reveal 3 12's but I've never seen something that comes out of the trunk to take up the back seat. I'd say go at it and yeah, it would look kinda wierd in a convertable but still, its freak'n sweet!
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
pimpgtivr6 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2004 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Actually it looks decent in the cabrio. I got the frame made up and need to install teh actuators. Im gonna pick some up tomorrow so i'll post pics of it. The top and back is all plexiglass so when the seat moves forward the top of the box you can look through and see the subs. and when you look in the trunk you see a plexiglass front that you can see the magnets of the big ass subs im installing. The part that I WOULD NOT RECOMEND DOING is taking measurements of the trunk with the top up..(it may seem obvious) but i skipped that step and had to rebuild most of my box. The cabrio top takes up a considerable amount in the trunk. But anyway i'll post pics and you can tell me if thats what you were thinkin.
Peace
defective 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
pimp man, your pretty quick.... hope you dont plan on ruling this install, i think i got a donor... a kompressor 230..... just wait,. i'll post
pimpgtivr6 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
LOL...im gonna post my pics on friday..thats the appointment to finish up the fiberglass amp rack..i'll let you rule this install no problem bro HAHA.   
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
Its saturday.... lightbulb! box and back seat idea -- posted image.
defective 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

ya.... get that digital cam thing-a-ma-bob werkin'

i know yer working on the screen pillars right now too.... so i understand if yer late

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic