icon

MTX Thunder 9500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
you know what Im  gonna say already, just wait for the 30th.... you'll understand, finally power and SQ come together and a completely overpriced sub will rule the market.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

What Are you talking about?

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
defective 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

Alpine Type-X, hard to find info on....... very nice.

Bass alert — Alpine's Type-X subwoofers bring the ultimate combination of power and performance to your sound system. Engineered with high output in mind, Alpine's top-of-the-line subs handle a mind-blowing 3,000 watts of peak power, while still reproducing the tight, low frequency detail that means great bass.

The SWX-1242D 12" subwoofer provides full bass by squeezing every last millimeter of excursion from the carbon fiber/aluminum honeycomb cone, thanks to its high-roll Santoprene rubber surround.  Read more

Key Features:

• carbon fiber/aluminum honeycomb cone
  • high-roll Santoprene rubber surround
  • cast aluminum frame
  • dual 4-ohm voice coils
  • frequency response 23-200 Hz
  • power range 500-1,000 watts RMS (500 watts per coil)
  • peak power handling 3,000 watts
  • sensitivity 83 dB
  • top-mount depth 8-11/16"
  • sealed box volume: 0.65-1.25 cubic feet
  • ported box volume: 1.0-2.0 cubic feet
  • Recommended Q-Logic Box Type: 1, 2, 3
  • warranty: 1 year
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  

Oh, your just talking about that. Ill put money on the fact that that sub is way more hype than preformance. It will be a good woofer im sure but I will bet that the W7 sounds better and the 9500 is louder, even though alpines goal with this driver was to put both of those to shame. I am actually going to go to anther shop in town when they get those in to see them test it, they sell JL and MTX as well as Alpine so when I see the test I'll post results on here.

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
defective 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
i am taking the fact that they have postponed the relese a couple times as a good thing. Youprobably know i already have a full custom fiberglass trunk waiting for one of these. Everytime they postpone it, it is gonna be cooler.....grin.   I hope they are concrete on the 30th...... they're like Bell Sympatico, makin promises then bailing at the lastminute.   This sub is designed as an SQ sub, but i have a strange feeling with the xmax of 19.1, they will be hella loud too. cant wait
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
I am sure it will be a fine driver, I just havent ever put  alot of faith in Alpine products in general and still havent heard a speaker from them I like. I think their video stuff is awsome, the amps seem fairly solid although I think I could do with out the digital controls, and most people know how I feel about their head units.
defective 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
even if they aren't, nothing else will suit the entire Alpine system in this car like a Type-X, it's a  single 12" system(SQ) so i think it doesn't really matter howloud it is, supposed to lower distortion at higher volumes like the W7.
defective 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
the digital amps are kinda handy, i can adjust gains from the headunit, nomore getting finger  prints on the trunk setup. Ive had eclipses and naks and the usual highend decks, but i can truthfully say that I love this deck, its a 9831, fancy colors, time correction via on-line, amp control and reporting, No eclipse has ever done that well for me.   I guess i'm kinda biased cause my store deals with Alpine alot. I install v12's all day and have had a great success rate.
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Obviously if you have the corosponding decks than the digital amps are handy since they comunicate with each other but I have installed a couple and it seems like everytime I just cant quite get the amp set the way I want because the settings I want seem to fall inbetween the paremeters on the amp, and thats damn frustrating. Same with the new Kicker amps. I still like the anolog dials, I would prefer to keep the display for voltage and temp and then have anolog control over everything else
defective 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
ya, i must say that it is better for tuning to use a manual gain. With this setup, i can set it up and saveit on a CD-R, then if the battery is discaonnected, i justpop in my setup disc and it automatically programs my custom timecorrection, EQ, crossovers, and gains.   That made it worth it to me.  I have entered the new Digital car audio realm. 
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic